Pages

Home About Me Contact Me Categories

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 3: My Top Five Pet Peeves


I hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday afternoon. I would like to take this moment to recognize the fact that this is the first time I have written two consecutive blog posts. Hooray for progress. I knew this 30 Day Challenge would be good for something!

Today's topic: "Your top five pet peeves."

Well what about them? Am I just supposed to list them? Am I supposed to tell a story about them? Does anyone actually care what my top five pet peeves are? As much as I'm starting to enjoy the 30 Day Challenge, I wish these topics had more clarity. 

To be honest, I hadn't really thought about what my pet peeves were before I was presented with this blog topic. Sure, there are things that annoy me and I know there are things I do that annoy others, but who actually keeps a running list of these things? 

Nonetheless, pet peeves is the challenge topic of the day, so I present to you: Leah's Top Five Pet Peeves (They are in no particular order).

1. People who go to bed abnormally early.

If you go to bed before 10 p.m. you really need to check yourself. I realize that I may be coming off a bit aggressive, but I find sleep to be the most pointless activity humans are required to do in order to live. Imagine what you could do with 8 extra hours in your day if you didn't have to sleep! The possibilities are endless. I, for one, like the idea of having extra time on my hands so I find myself choosing not to sleep much too often which is probably taking a toll on my goal of living to be 117 and beating the oldest Asian woman out of The Guinness Book of World Records. However, the people who choose to cut their day short just for a couple more hours of "beauty sleep" need to reevaluate their life decisions and social lives. I guarantee that if you slept like a normal person, more people would like you. Including me.

2. People who don't respect the rule of seniority.

Listen up, freshmen, because this one is a shout-out to you. I don't care if you were the coolest thing to grace the halls of your high school since sliced bread or if you can recite all of the numbers in Pi. There is a little rule I like to call seniority, and we all have to experience it. So please don't try and tell me what to do, because I am finally an upperclassman and I don't want someone running all over the seniority I've been waiting to achieve since entering college. Thank you.

3. Slow walkers.

This one is pretty self-explanatory. In my opinion, there should be separate lanes for people who are just dallying about their day. I live a busy life and I have places to be. When a string of slow walkers form a pack and stretch across the entire pathway, I am also forced to travel at an excruciatingly slow pace. Be considerate of others and either learn how to walk at a normal pace or travel by a different means of transportation because walking, my slow paced friend, is definitely not for you. 

4. People who ask questions during movies.

If I'm at the movie theater seeing a movie for the first time, please don't lean over and ask, "Wait, why are they doing that? What's going on?" I have not seen the movie before, so clearly I don't know what's going on either. Even if I have seen the movie before, don't ask! You know what's brilliant about movies? The fact that they tell a story as you watch them. I'm sure if you actually paid attention instead of bothering me with your questions you wouldn't even have a question in the first place. 

5. Exceedingly boring, torturous lecture courses.

I cried once during a class I took in Sevilla because it was so bad. Tears actually poured from my eyes. 

Until Day 3 of the Blog Challenge,
Leah



2 comments:

  1. Babe! I adore your blog soo much!! I just started following you on Bloglovin' :-).. I would appreciate it and would love it if you can follow back!

    Love,

    Noor
    http://queenofjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I definitely followed back, love it! Happy blogging :)

      -Leah

      Delete

Please leave me a comment, I love to read them!