Pages

Home About Me Contact Me Categories

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Let's Just Cut the Crap



Author's note: I make this post as a 100% culprit of passive aggressive behavior. This is my form of self-discovery in realizing the true annoyance of passive aggressive behavior, and my oath to start saying what I truly mean.

What do these social media platforms have in common?
a. Facebook
b. Twitter

That's right! They are the beloved playing field of all things passive aggressive.

What if we all just simply said what we really mean? Straight up, no games, just what we literally mean.

My theory: The world would spin a great deal faster. At the very least, we would all achieve what we wanted from life much quicker.

I'm sure that everyone is rolling their eyes right now, silently yelling (or maybe out loud) that of course you hate passive aggressive posts and tweets, but guess what? It still happens.

Going a step beyond passive aggressive posts, I personally believe that it is people themselves that are the most confused. Does anyone even know what they truly want anymore? Maybe that's the root of the problem. We don't know what we want, so as soon as we actually get what we want, we toss it aside and mess everything up because we don't think we want it anymore. I bet that most people post ridiculous passive aggressive comments because they are just as confused as the anonymous identity of the recipient that their post is directed at.

Let's take this from a male/female perspective. Guys always complain that girls are confusing and don't make a lick of sense. Well, right back at you! Men are honestly the most infuriating creatures that have ever roamed the earth. If I had to be stuck with someone in a cage, I'd rather be stuck with a lion because at least we'd understand what we want from each other just fine.

The thing is, I'm good at playing games. Maybe that's why men think we're confusing. I almost always win because I'm only in it for the game, nothing more. But as soon as I face an opponent who plays games better than I do: game over. At that point it no longer becomes just a game, because my opponent plays so well that I now want what was originally just a game for me. Then I start trying to be honest about what I want but oh, wait...nope! I let my opportunity float away down the river of malarkey. It's in these moments that I wish everyone, including myself, would just be upfront and honest with each other so that way we all don't drag each other along until the end of time.

So, I'm making an oath to stop posting passive aggressive statements, to stop playing games with people, and to be honest. It's going to take effort and I'm probably the furthest point from perfect, but if we all make an effort to start being straight up with each other, life would be a whole lot easier.

Starting.......now, since this post was entirely passive aggressive.

Until next time,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love to read them!