Pages

Home About Me Contact Me Categories

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Time Flies When You Procrastinate

Why hello there. Haven't blogged with you in a while...

When I came to Sevilla a couple weeks ago, I told myself that I was going to become a better person and fix the things I didn't like about myself, yadda yadda. Let's be frank: It's easier said than done.

First of all, I am the queen of procrastinating. If you look up the word in the dictionary, there won't even be a picture of me, because I will have procrastinated getting it taken. That's how bad I am. Awkward moment when the Spanish language doesn't have a word for procrastination. Kudos to them for not having the same issues. I don't respond to emails on time (maybe that's why I have 690 unread emails), I don't do my homework until it's 30 minutes before class starts, and I don't even respond to texts right away. LITERALLY TEXTS. My life is spinning out of control.

I'm also afraid of alarm clocks. But that's a different issue altogether.

Bottom line is, I wanted to change my procrastinating ways when I came to Sevilla, and it's sad that I can't even keep up with my own blog that details my outrageous adventures.

So, for tonight's blog post, I am going to provide some of the life lessons I've learned throughout this blogless week.

First lesson: There is a small black button on the second level of my building that I have to push in order for the front door of my building to open. Push it. I always forget to push it, then I walk all the way down to the bottom level and push against the door. It doesn't budge, of course, and I have to run back up to the second level just to push a stupid button so that I can be let out of the building. Meanwhile, I'm usually running late for class because of my procrastination issue (see above).

Second lesson: There are bags of candy that you can buy at the chinos (24 hour convenient stores run by oriental people) for 1 euro. That doesn't mean that I should buy a bag and eat it in one sitting. In the future, I should a) Not buy the candy at all, seeing as I'd rather not gain weight this semester, or b) Eat the candy sparingly like a normal person. Because when I don't, I get a stomach ache and then I complain a lot. And I'm so annoying when I complain.

Third lesson: I should take my A.D.D. medicine. Always. Bottom line.

Fourth lesson: Don't buy an extra large piece of red velvet cake on the same day that I consumed both the entire bag of candy from the chinos and a large bag of Cheetos (which really tasted like packing peanuts). I will die, and my subconscious will laugh at my own stupidity. I don't even like red velvet cake. It just had cute sprinkles. (See picture below)



Fifth lesson: I should never wear shoes that rub any of the five blisters that I have on my feet. Oh wait, ALL of my shoes rub my blisters. And then my feet bleed, and someone I just met will point at my feet and go "Oh my goodness, what happened to your feet?" Okay, it's really simple to see that I have blisters. Don't be annoying and point out the obvious. Sorry not sorry that my feet aren't beautiful anymore. I'm a dancer, I have that excuse.

Sixth lesson: Please don't walk in the sketchy part of town. I know it was my idea to go exploring with Tori, and we DID find a cute bakery called Cupcakes and Go, but then we end up near all of the weird people who hoot and holler and whistle at us just because of our hair color. I mean, really, when I go back to America, I'm going to feel depressed when I'm not given attention each and ever hour of the day. I kind of feel like a celebrity here, only with creepy and undesired fans. But hey, check out the cute bakery below:



Seventh lesson: I need to remember that I'm in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with the opportunity to live and study a language and culture completely different than my own. Instead of longing for the comforts of home, I need to spend more time diving headfirst into the strangeness of this relatively new place and take hold of the adventures that come only once in a lifetime. See a beautiful picture below:



America, it's been great and all, but I'm proud to currently call myself a citizen of Sevilla.

Until next time,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love to read them!