Pages

Home About Me Contact Me Categories

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 5: Comfort Foods *YUM*


Here it is! I give to you Day 5 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge. What's funny is that I'm pretty sure the point of a 30 Day Blog Challenge is to blog every day for 30 days...but alas I have blatantly ignored that part of the challenge. On behalf of the wonderful Drake: "YOLO."

Today's topic: "Your favorite comfort foods and why."

Now this is a topic that I can write about.

Seriously, if there's one thing I'm absolutely passionate about in this world, it is the quality taste of some good, comforting munchies melting onto my taste buds. Yummy.

To be honest, I wish I was like my brother who was blessed with the "I don't like the majority of foods that are bad for you" disease. Life would be so much easier--and healthier. He doesn't do chocolate, cake, candy, and most ice cream flavors. Why wasn't I born like that? Then again, he doesn't eat anything good for him either. He doesn't do vegetables, most fruits, and anything weird that he hasn't tried before.

In the end, I cannot change who I am, and unlike my picky older brother I am a 110% all-things-food lover. I don't discriminate. (Minus the small fact that I'm a vegetarian).

However, there are some specific "comfort foods" that are the best of the best in my eyes. These delicious suckers make it impossible for me to deny their mouthwatering goodness whenever we are in the same room. So, without further ado, I present to you my all-star comfort foods.

1) Ice cream. Specifically: Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream.
I'm in love with the little swirls of cinnamon found in a pint of Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake. If I'm having a bad day, if I'm having problems with the male species (99% of my life), if I'm watching a good movie... there is absolutely nothing that could not be improved with a pint of Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake at my side. Like I said before, though, I don't discriminate, and I know that if I was stuck on a desert island with only one food to live on, ice cream would be my partner-in-crime.

2) The muffins from Acorn Coffee Shop at Elon University.
Nothing goes better with a cup of coffee than a freshly baked muffin. I'm almost positive that I have tried almost if not every flavor of muffin that Acorn bakes. They are always sitting right by the checkout and I can't help but glance down at them as I'm buying my coffee, ultimately caving and deciding to add one of those fluffy goodies to my order.

3) COFFEE!!!!!!
I know that coffee is not a food, I wasn't born yesterday. But if you couldn't tell by my lack of ability to blog every day during a 30 day challenge, I don't like to play by the rules. So, I'm choosing coffee as my third favorite comfort food. If I need to be productive and get a lot of things done, you can bet that there is a cup of coffee chilling at my side. It's like a best friend that doesn't let you down. With that said, I would like to take this time to thank coffee for being the perfect pal. Thanks dude.

Until Day 6 of the Blog Challenge,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love to read them!